2022 Webinar Series
Project Lightning Talks and Networking Session
11:00 am – 12:00 pm MST
Building on the well-attended lightning talks from 17 November 2021, the CCIS webinar on 09 March will feature more lightning talks from additional community research groups and programs that investigate climate intervention strategies. Each speaker will overview their project/program, discuss current initiatives, and touch on needs for continuing research. CCIS is offering an optional, informal networking session afterward to enable knowledge exchange and initiate new collaborations within the interventions community. Other groups and individuals are very welcome to attend, and we would be excited to extend our network.
Programs represented, in tentative speaking order. Each talk will be approximately 5-7 minutes.
- Introduction by CCIS Steering Committee
- Ecological Impacts of Climate Intervention - Climate Intervention Biology Working Group
- Analysis, Integration and Modeling of the Earth System (AIMES) Project
- Carnegie Climate Governance Initiative (C2G)
- Climate Intervention Research at Colorado State University
- Sandia National Laboratory’s CLDERA (CLimate impact: Determining Etiology thRough pAthways) Project
- Harvard University’s Solar Geoengineering Research Project
- GeoEngineering and Negative Emissions Pathways in Europe (GENIE) Project
- Closing Remarks and Opening of Networking Rooms